Communications (October-November, 1997)

Disability Payments for Psoriasis
from Roman Hill

Ed's Preface: When Roman mentioned in a previous letter that Social Security disability payments could be received for psoriasis, I asked for further details. Here's Roman's response:

Ed: Contact your Social Security office to obtain information regarding applying for disability payments. I know that your psoriasis has to be severely debilitating on your hands and feet, and that medical documents from your treating physicians must support your claim.

In Texas, our Vocational Rehabilitation program works with Social Security to determine eligibility, and the location of VR varies from state to state. Sometimes it is overseen by the state's teaching authorities ... but not in Texas. Good luck!!! -Roman Hill


Roman: Thanks for the followup. -Ed

Back to Archives